- Managing Partner
Carl Mazzie received his Juris Doctor degree from Rutgers University, Camden, New Jersey and obtained his Baccalaureate degree from Ramapo College, Mahwah, New Jersey. Carl Mazzie joined the firm in 1986 and became a principal in 1989. Mr. Mazzie’s practice areas include all aspects of insurance law and extend into the areas of civil litigation, business practice and real estate. Mr. Mazzie has received Martindale-Hubbell’s highest lawyer rating, (“AV”). Reported Decisions: Scheckel vs. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, 316 N.J. Super. 3.26 (App. Div. 1998); Scullion vs. State Farm Insurance Company, 345 N.J. Super. 431 (App. Div. 2001).
Mr. Mazzie is a member of the Passaic County Bar Association, New Jersey Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Mr. Mazzie is licensed to practice law in the State of New Jersey and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Areas Of Practice
- Insurance Defense Litigation 60%
- General Civil Litigation 20%
- Public Entity Defense 10%
- Real Estate 10%
- New Jersey, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1986
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1986
- Ramapo College, Mahwah, New Jersey
- Scheckel v. State Farm, 316 N.J. Super. 326 , 1998, App. Div.
- Scullion v. State Farm, 345 N.J. Super. 431, 2001, App. Div.
- State Farm Insurance Company
- Amica Mutual Insurance Company
- Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance
- Elrac Inc. (Enterprise Rent-A-Car)
- Risk Enterprise Management Limited
- National Retail Systems
- Morris County Municipal Joint Insurance Fund
- Vision General Construction, Inc.
- Mead-Wilbert Co.
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell's highest lawyer rating, ("AV")
- Passaic County Bar Association, Member, 1986 to Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member, 1986 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1986 to Present