It would be nice if you knew what kind of crash dangers you might face before you ever leave your home. When armed with accurate knowledge about your environment, you have a much better chance of protecting your family and yourself from motor vehicle accidents.
As injury representatives, we have seen many Totowa, New Jersey, residents harmed or killed in motor vehicle accidents. As such, we have made it our mission to educate you about traffic safety should a motor vehicle accident occur.
What are the top nine most dangerous New Jersey roads?
One way to improve safety for you and your family involves acquiring information about road hazards. If you take this one step further and find out which state roadways are the most dangerous, your safety increases even more.
As of March 2021, the following nine New Jersey roads are considered extremely dangerous because of how many crash deaths occur each year. The motor vehicle accident figures listed below are per 100 miles of roadway.
- State Road 129. About 73 accident fatalities annually
- Interstate 676. About 42 traffic fatalities annually
- State Road 42. Approximately 36 accident deaths annually
- State Road 20. About 30 crash deaths annually
- State Road 21. Approximately 24 accident fatalities annually
- State Road 440. About 24 crash deaths annually
- Interstate 280. Approximately 24 vehicle fatalities annually
- U.S. Highway 30. About 22 crash fatalities annually
- Interstate 80. Approximately 21 traffic deaths annually
To all that use these roads to commute or just to run errands, we recommend always practicing caution. If a crash should occur and leave you injured, knowledge of New Jersey’s accident and injury compensation laws can help. For example, it can aid you in choosing how to file your insurance claims or, if eligible, an injury lawsuit.